1. Go to Legoland with husband and child.
2. Work on child's almost comically bad handwriting until the bugger can get at least 50% of his bloody letters the right way around.
3. Do obligatory easter craft with yellow cotton wool balls (to make baby chicks, you see) and crispy cake easter nests with Mini Eggs in and stuff.
4. Go on nature ramble with child.
5. Lose half a stone.
6. Take advantage of the lighter mornings by going out for lots of runs.
Lets take a look at how things have turned out. Here's what I've actually done:
1. Went to Legoland with husband and child. Was great. Look at the happy little barnacle.
Pig in shit.
Unfortunately, going to Legoland means that we have entered an enforced austerity drive for the rest of the month (AKA Keep Calm and Eat Mince). Cannot afford to leave house.
2. Rory has not written so much as his name since school ended last week.
3. Nobody sells coloured cotton wool balls any more (who knew?), so easter chicks are out. Bought bag of Mini Eggs and chocolate for making easter nest crispy cakes. Ate all of it. Made no cakes. Rory very interested in crafting Jesus-on-the-cross out of lolly sticks and pipecleaners after very explicit RE lesson at school. This is not going to happen for him on my watch.
4. Child entirely uninterested in going on a nature ramble, as am I if I'm totally honest.
5. Have gained half a stone due to inability to exercise because of The Shoulder Injury That Refuses To Heal, and also because of the austerity measures, which mean that we are eating our way through every carb heavy piece of junk food left in the cupboards and freezer. Now is not the time to start low carbing. Have you seen the price of meat recently? Also, keep eating Mini Eggs and chocolate (see above).
6. Have taken advantage of the lighter mornings by waking up at stupid o'clock because of the deafening dawn chorus outside my window. Have not been for runs (see above - shoulder of doom). Have had little naps in the afternoon due to husband being off work. Productive.
To sum up: Rory watching lots of telly while I sit around feeling like an ever more dumpy haus frau.
So. That's going well then. What have you been up to?