Thursday, 3 April 2014

Conversations on Music Appreciation with a Small Child #2

"What is this band, then?"
"It's Aerosmith."
"What is a dude?"
"Well, it's a slang word for 'man'."
"WHAT?  Man looks like a lady? That's hilarious."
"I suppose it is."
"Has he got massive boobs?"
"Well, I don't know.  Maybe he has."
"And lipstick?"
"Possibly."
"And crazy, long hair?"
"I suppose so."
"Ha.  Dude looks like Mummy."
"Yeah, thanks for that, Rory.
"Listen, listen, I'm going to sing it now. Are you ready?  I'm going to do the voice of the band because they sound cool, ready: DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LAAAAAYDEH."
"Right, what you've done there is confuse an American accent with the voice of Chorlton out of Chorlton and the Wheelies."
"Chorlton and the...wait, are they like Pink Floyd?"
"Yep."




1 comment:

  1. keenly awaited second instalment, well worth keenley awaiting. thought today, after reading first instalment, that I should make attempt to introduce more modern music into their diet, and not just cat stevens + all the pretty little horses...
    result was unsolicited house style dancing and "what's this"? with scary half euphoric, half anguished face. For the duration of the three songs I put on.
    now to tackle the concept of death, which I only speak of euphemistically, using nirvana. wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete