Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Shock Absorber Ultimate Run Bra Review

It might come as something of a shock to you that I like to run.  I know, I know, it doesn't really go with the image of complete and utter un-arsedness that I present, but I do.  There's nothing like a swift early morning 5K before the school run, or a more leisurely 8 miler at the weekend to put you in a more positive frame of mind.

Well, usually anyway.  Recently I've slipped into the habit of rolling myself up in the duvet like it's a cocoon and refusing to get out of bed until the last possible minute, because it looks cold out there.  There has been little in the way of running, or any other exercise, in my life since October and I have a severe case of Lazyitis.

However, my best friend is getting married at the beginning of March and I have a dress to fit into.  I also have a nice new sports bra courtesy of Shock Absorber, and it needed to be put through its paces, so it was with a large amount of swear words and a sulky face that I heaved my rapidly expanding backside out of bed yesterday to go for a run.  And just for the record, it is cold out there.

So, details:  The bra I was sent to test is this one here.


It comes in sizes 30-38 A-G, which is good if, like me, you aren't a standard bra size (32F, people.  Why don't more shops sell bras in that size, hmmm?)  While we're here, and I'm comfortably on my soap box, I urge you to go and get properly fitted for a bra somewhere that doesn't use tape measures to determine your size.  Unless you've been properly fitted like this, you're likely to be wearing the wrong size, even if you're sure you're not.  Especially if you think you're a 36C.  Take it from me - you're probably not.

The website claims that it is 'easy on and off', in which case I must be truly thick or desperately uncoordinated, as it took me a good 10 minutes of struggling and swearing before I gave up and poked Richard awake to make him do it up for me.  I must be doing something wrong.  Anyway, once it was on, it looked good.  Well, no, it didn't to be honest, but it probably will in a few weeks time when I've coaxed my abs out of hiding again.

As for performance, I was quite impressed.  Barely any 'bounce' and it was very comfortable.  It's made of that super sweat wicking, breathable fabric stuff and the straps stayed put.  It's definitely better than my other sports bras.  Perhaps that's because it's been designed specifically for runners, so it's more suited to its purpose.

I'm going to finish off by showing you Shock Absorber's amazing Bounce-o-meter, which has held my husband's attention like nothing else and kept him out of trouble for weeks.  Apparently, Shock Absorber bras are twice as effective at minimising bounce than a normal bra, and they have the animated illustration to prove it.  Click here to see bouncing boobs galore.  You can even customise the cup size of said bouncing breasts for your viewing pleasure so you can see how well the bra will work for your cup size.  The wonders of technology, eh?

3 comments:

  1. WOW...just....wow..... (yea, I clicked the link)

    Oh and I also find those 'easy on' bras so so tricky to put on!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd bouncing boobs page. Why do the A cups have such small areola getting bigger and bigger through the cup sizes? I don't think nipple sizes work like that, well, at least not in my family they don't.

    ReplyDelete