Monday, 9 January 2012

Meet the Veggies

Recently, I won a big Abel & Cole veggie box from a competition over at Kerry's brilliant blog, Life as I Know It. (Go and check her out, especially this post about when she volunteered to drive her daughter's classmates to their school trip destination. I'm still laughing now).  Anyway, look what turned up on my doorstep this morning:

Lovely.  A big cardboard box of goodness.  Rory helped me to open and unpack it.  Then this happened:

This is Geoff, a bad-ass celeriac and his various minions.

And this would be the King of the Pastry Cutters: all round good guy and poster boy for plastic bakeware headgear.

"I SQUASH YOU, KING.  NOW YOUR CROWN WILL BE MINE, ALL MINE AND I WILL RULE OVER THE PLAINS OF THE JUS ROL KINGDOM FOREVER. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA"
"HELP, HELP! If only there was someone who could save me."

"Fear not sire, for I am Wonder Carrot.  I will defend you with my magic cloak of Bounty-the-Stronger-Soaker-Upper"

"Take that you scoundrel."

*but Geoff was too strong for Wonder Carrot*

"NO! Anything but the grater. Please, not the grater. AAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh..."

TO BE CONTINUED....?



Slow news day here, folks.  Slow news day.




PS  Could this be the end of Wonder Carrot?  It's all down to YOU.  Phone up Abel & Cole on 08452 62 62 62 to order a veg box.  Tell them that I sent you (look in 'about me' for my name).  This will mean I get a free veg box, meaning that my family can be nourished and blah blah blah, but, most importantly, this gripping saga can continue.






6 comments:

  1. Loving your work Lisa!

    Perhaps Super Spud might make an appearance next time? Or 'Orrible Onion?

    Thought I'd also just mention that if anyone tries us and tells us it's because of you, they'll also get a gift. We think it's nicer if you both get something extra out of it.

    And, whilst I'm here (I hope you don't mind), those new to Abel & Cole also get their 4th box free, as it helps us to plan crops if people subscribe to a weekly box.

    Best,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma.

    You'll all be pleased to know that Geoff the Celeriac has been stopped for now. This is mainly because I sliced him up into chips and ate him for my lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit! They don't deliver to me :(

    I want to have fun with vegetables too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lise, you didn't give able and cole my address did you? Don't mind in the slightest if you did, only I got a flyer through the post from them this week, the same day you posted this I think!! I'd love to order from them... we used to use a local veg box scheme but had to stop to save money :(

    ReplyDelete