Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Labour Saving Device Saves My Marriage

I worship at the altar of our dishwasher.  I love the thing.  We've had it less than a year and I can honestly say that I don't know how we managed to avoid the divorce courts without it as our kitchen is of the tiny variety and you only have to heat up a Cup-a-Soup and make a slice of toast to make it look like a bomb's hit it.  Add to this the fact that I Don't Do Washing Up (I used to be a chef and had slaves to do that sort of thing for me) and you have a house full of furry coffee cups and seething resentment. That dishwasher saved my marriage.  When we finally reach the dizzy heights of owning tumble dryer we'll probably hit some form of marital utopian bliss.

I am a housework hating slacker, so any labour saving devices are welcome in my household, but the ultimate device has not yet been invented.  Until now.  I am still in the early stages of drafting this out, and if anyone can make me a prototype I would be pleased to work with you.  I expect these to be on the market by the end of next year, so be patient my friends.  Good things come to those who wait.

THE DOMESTIC DISGRACE-O-MAT 2011


Key features:


1. Folds up to convenient shape and size in order to slide easily into the tiny space in the cupboard under the stairs without dislodging the step ladder, barbecue gas cylinder, 6 footballs, 3 odd wellies,  the roll of wallpaper that you've been meaning to put up for 2 years, the Millenium Falcon and the box of conkers that are supposed to ward off spiders and causing the pushchair to concertina open like an unwieldy spring-loaded bastard every time you try and manoeuvre it in and out.


2. Has bodily fluid seeking technology, allowing you to locate a sneaky wee behind a curtain, a blob of baby sick under the sofa or a turd in your slipper immediately.


3. Toddler food tracking device.  Keeps track of whether fish fingers have been eaten or disposed of down the back in the radiator.  No more mystery household fishy smells.


4. Husband sensing technology.  Automatically turns the thermostat down half an hour before he arrives home.  Never argue about the heating bill again.


5. A bit that gets black mould off the rubber bath mat.


6. Writes "IT IS RECYCLING DAY SO REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR BINS OUT" in neon writing in the sky (much like a Death Eater dark mark) for the entire 24 hours before the bin men come.


7. Fascia board salesman alert klaxon.


8. Causes magic stain repellent forcefield to appear around walls and furniture whenever your child has been, for example, poking around in the coal scuttle.


9. 'Mother's Helper' feature - shouts several key phrases on a loop such as " GET DOWN FROM THE WINDOW SILL", "STOP LICKING THE PLUG SOCKETS" and "PLAYMOBIL MEN ARE NOT FOR STICKING UP YOUR BOTTOM" while you're otherwise engaged.


10. Gin dispensing tray with ice cubes.


What do you think?  I'm awaiting my call from Dragon's Den any day now.

16 comments:

  1. Ah if only... please keep me updated on this product development!
    I do have one cheap and easy idea to help with your list... an old bottle brush with some bleach rubbed in circles cleans the back of the bath mat brilliantly - even under those pesky sucker on things! No need to buy a new mat every few months; and sadly very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I could not be alone in my hatred of the black stuff on the back of the bathmat. A machine to remove this hateful scum would be wonderful, failing that I now know I can try bleach and an old bottle brush!

    Gin dispensing tray is most excellent idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the first things we bought with our wedding money gifts was a dishwasher. Best thing I ever bought.
    My washer/drier died yesterday, we have a new one to put in but it's just a washing machine. I do feel a bit weepy at the thought of no more drier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gin dispenser should use Nexpresso type capsules with gin (or ny other poison). Tonic or any other mixer to be supplied from a 2 litre bottle screwed onto the device. Ice to be made from water in another 2 litre bottle screwed on beside it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll happily test a prototype. I won't even charge you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it's not just me then. Must show this to the husband. Normal after all ;)
    Brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I've always wanted a magic cleaning fairy in true Enid Blyton fashion. Perhaps you are the answer to my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you ever find out what a fascia board is?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for being our Netmums blog of the week! We've got some fabulous comments for you on our blog and on our Netmums Facebook page too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still don't know what a bloody fascia board is - apart from being something that I am obviously neglecting and should be ashamed of (or so the amount of salesmen that find their way to my front door leads me to believe).

    Hello new readers BTW, especially those of you who have made your way over via netmums. Wonderful to see you. Come on in - the water's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha this has been the best thing I have read all day!
    If it could also include a bathroom cleaning device of some sort and an arm to get to get the balls/toys that always end up right behind the sofa that would be great! ;)

    I will do anything to avoid the housework, and would LOVE to have a dishwasher but our kitchen is such a pathetic size...put it this way I can close all 4 cupboards and draws all from the same spot! If there is another person in there I have to shoo them out just so I can open a door of an appliance...grr!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd add an automatic night hugger or cuddler for our almost-2-year-old son or a dummy which would resemble one of us to make him STOP SLEEPING WITH US!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And one more thing - snow remover and car defreezer to save my time and effort on winter mornings

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are hilarious! sorry but I absolutely laughed my arse off at "PLAYMOBIL MEN ARE NOT FOR STICKING UP YOUR BOTTOM" I have three boys and I could definitely with one of these inventions hehe. Thank you for the first LOL of 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello friends! My Name is Wendy from USA i have had a lot about Dr Okpebho on his good work, for bringing back someone's lost relationship.
    but i never believe because so many spell caster scam me because of my husband who left me and my three kids over a year and two months. so a good friend of mine introduce me to Dr Okpebho just because my condition was so bad and the responsibility in my matrimonial home was more than me. my husband left me for another woman just because i don't have male child for him. so i email Dr Okpebho and told him everything, he told me not to worry that my husband will come back and i will have a male child for him. he only told me to believe on him that after casting the spell my husband will come back in 48hours time and beg for forgiveness. he really did it for me and my husband came back to me in the next 2days.i really do contact dr okpebho with his email address at
    drokpebhospelltemple@gmail.com
    so i was in another situation again, i told Dr Okpebho that i will start sharing his testimony to every one in the world if he make me to have a male child to my husband. and he also did it, as am sharing this testimony to every one out there, that am with my new baby boy now,i so much believe that i am the happiest woman on earth because
    Dr Okpebho has restore my joy and happiness in my matrimonial home you can thank this DR OKPEBHO for me. or email him for urgent help in any bad situation i promise you he will also help you,
    his email address is DROKPEBHOSPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello readers
    HIV has taken so many lives so do cancer, I
    was having them both, I contacted Dr.Ajagbo,
    and I told him that I have HIV and Cancer. He
    told me that my case is a special case. That
    the items he needs will be much. I asked him
    how much it will cost me. He told me that it
    will cost me $150 only, I was only having
    $100, and I told him the amount I have. He
    told me that after the cure I should promise
    him that I will pay back the remaining $50, I
    told him that I will. He prepared a cure for me
    and sent it via Courier Delivery Service; I
    managed to pay for the delivery and legal
    practitioner that signed the goods for the
    transfer to my country. I received the parcel,
    it was a portion, I drank it as he instructed
    me to, and I went to do a test I was healed, I
    was tested HIV negative and the cancer was
    no more,please help me thank him, I
    haven???t seen a person like him before, I
    have paid him back in 3 fold, you can get
    your healing from him and him alone, contact
    him now Ajagbospelltemple@gmail.com if
    you don???t have email kindly contact him
    via his mobile phone number on
    +2348156759423.

    ReplyDelete