Monday, 14 November 2011

Mix Tape Monday: A Guilty Pleasure

I'm joining in this meme (have nothing else to say, so might as well).  Go here to find out more if you'd like to join in too.

So, I had to come up with a guilty pleasure for today's theme.  Not too tricky as I'm sure there's a few songs that I like that Rich would happily divorce me for if he knew.  However, I decided that it would be more appropriate for this blog if I chose an appalling track that makes a frequent appearance in our family life:



No need to thank me.  I'm sure you'll all enjoy having that on your internal jukebox for the rest of the week.

This came about many years ago when I first met Richard.  We were new friends at the time.  He was recovering from a broken heart and I had a highly colourful, amusing and somewhat baffling love life.  We were laughing at my latest bewildering romantic encounter.  "I can't believe you're single," he said.  "You really do encounter some oddballs.  I could be so good for you..."  At which point we spontaneously broke into the Minder theme tune.

Turns out he was rather good for me, so I married him.  I'm kind of furious that, having married a music industry geek, the song that reminds us of each other is sung by Dennis Waterman.  These days the three of us dance around the house to it when we need cheering up.  Losers.  



7 comments:

  1. Great story and one of those songs that you know all the words to, whether you want to or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I can just picture the scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I secretly like this song...And I LOVE the story about you and your husband - awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great story and a very guilty song choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH EMM GEE I completely forgot about that show! I guess that's what happens when you're an expat! LOVE the song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story and fab song choice

    ReplyDelete